I enjoyed Christmas music…
- The Brother’s Four- What Child is This?
- Bing Crosby- White Christmas
- Jim Reeves- C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
- Brenda Lee- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- Statler Brothers- Carols Those Kids Used to Sing
- Chet Atkins- Little Drummer Boy
- Bing Crosby- Christmas in Killarney
- Mitch Miller and the Gang- Away in a Manger
- Deanna Durbin- Silent Night
- The Brother’s Four- Christmas is A Comin’
The list goes on nearly indefinitely. I think the 40’s and 50’s were the golden age of Christmas music. I’ve never heard anyone in the past 20 years do with music what those incredible singers like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, and Judy Garland did back when enunciation mattered and musical arrangements were beautiful enough to stand alone but not so elaborate that they overrode the singer’s voice.
My heart swells as the harmony of The Brother’s Four sing…
“Oh holy night… the stars are brightly shining… it is the night of our dear Savior’s birth…”