So I was talking to Cecelia and mentioned I needed to go make egg salad for lunch. She asked how I make it and then asked me to take pictures as I did it. Now, I’m not exactly sure why or if I’m crazy for doing it but I thought, “why not?” and went to town.
Now one thing you must know is that I don’t really use recipes. I’m more of a “dump some here and plop some there kind of cook so I’m guesstimating. I’m no Ree and wouldn’t try to be. But for Cecelia, I offer you, Egg Salad.
10 Eggs (or 8 or 12 or even an odd number like 9!)
2 large cooking spoons full of mayo (or three or one…)
1 large eating spoon full of dijon mustard (or a healthy swirl over the eggs)
1 large eating spoon heaped with relish
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Parmasean Cheese (a bunch… like maybe oh… four or five shakes)
2 TBS (or a couple of big pinches) of Dill
1/4 Onion (finely chopped. I love green onion best but rarely have it. Purple is GOOD. White works.)
2 full stalks of celery. Or three. Or maybe 1… depends on the eggs.
PS… sunflower seeds are good in there too. I rarely have them.
1. Peel the eggs. Put in bowl.
2. Squirt the mustard. You’ll cut it later. Sorry, couldn’t resist.
3. Parmesean. I usually like more but it was clumpy and I didn’t feel like getting a knife and chopping it up.
4. Add the mayo, relish, dill, salt, and pepper.
5. Chop the celery and onion. I didn’t need this picture but I thought it was pretty so I took it. I get to do that. Cook’s perogative.
5. Add celery and onion
6 Mash well with potato masher.
Eat on whole wheat, sourdough, dill, or rye breads. Also excellent on pitas and wrapped in tortillas. For low carbers, wrap in a cabbage leaf. It’s yummified.